Commodity & Option Information:
- Option Expiration Dates List DOWNLOAD
- Futures Contract Symbols & Month Codes DOWNLOAD
- Best Trading Hours for Selected Commodities and Options ARTICLE
- Patterns for Profit (booklet) – An Introduction to Seasonal Commodity Trading DOWNLOAD
- Suggested “Rules of Thumb” for Selling Options: ARTICLE
- Selling Commodity Options Blog: Articles, Trade Examples, and more.
- Article: The Psychology of Trading Trading tips for money management, taking risks.
- USDA Report Dates and Schedules CURRENT MONTHLY REPORT CALENDAR
This list ALL reports in a monthly calendar format and has live links to each report location.
- Sign up with USDA to have reports sent to you by email: Go to MY SUBSCRIPTIONS tab and register. After you registered, you must sign up for the reports you wish to receive, see ‘my subscriptions’: USDA SIGN UP REGISTRATION
- WASDE World Agriculture Supply-Demand Estimates These reports are monthly usually around the 10th of each month, exact dates can be found along with the latest report at this link: WASDE
- USDA USDA QUARTERLY GRAIN STOCKS & ACREAGE REVIEW
- USDA/NASS: Stats: Usual Planting and Harvesting Dates for Crops LINK
- Prospective Plantings USDA/ NASS
- Crop Progress Reports: National Agricultural Statistics Service NASS
Ag Day TV: Early morning agricultural program, Mon-Fri early Eastern time weekday mornings:
Kansas State University: Grain Fundamentals
- Charts from USDA data on WASDE for the GRAINS
- SOYBEAN PRICE VERSUS STU CHART
- CORN PRICE VERSUS STU CHART
- WHEAT PRICE VERSUS STU CHART
CME : Chicago Mercantile Exchange:
Periodic Reports / Supply Charts / Demand Charts
- Agricultural Conversion Calculators: METRIC TONS, BUSHELS, per CONTRACT
Link to CME Calculator: https://www.cmegroup.com/tools-information/ag-calculator.html
United States Energy Information Administration EIA
- Short-term Energy Outlook (STEO)
- Crude Oil (STEO)
- Figures and Data
- Natural Gas Reports
- NG Weekly Report /Thursday at 10 AM (New York time) short text only version
- Trading Economics: US Crude Production
General economic stats for countries of the world. Summary commodities, stats on Oil, G 20, etc.
The commentary and examples are for teaching purposes only and are not intended to be a trading or trade advisory service. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein on the web site and/or newsletter, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise. Trading with leverage could lead to greater loss than your initial deposit. Trade at your own risk. Investors and traders are responsible for their own investment/trading decisions including entries, exits, position, sizing and use of stops or lack thereof. This is not a trade advisory service and is for educational purposes only. The content on the pages here is believed to be reliable - but we cannot guarantee it.